Tuna and chargrilled vegetable pasta salad
Time to make: 15 mins
Total cost: $11.80 / $2.95 per serve
- 2 cobs corn, husk and silk removed
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, halved and cut into thin wedges
- cooking oil spray
- 200g macaroni
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in spring water, drained and flaked
- 100g reduced-fat ricotta, crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- lemon wedges, to serve
Step 1 Preheat a chargrill on medium-high. Spray vegetables with cooking oil. Grill, in batches, until brown and tender. Use a sharp knife to remove kernels from corn cobs. Place in a large bowl along with other vegetables.
Step 2 Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until cooked but still slightly firm. Drain. Add to vegetables in bowl.
Step 3 Add remaining ingredients (except lemon wedges) and toss to combine. Taste and season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve with lemon wedges.