Time to make: 30 mins
Total cost: $11.20 / $2.80 per serve
(at time of publication)
- 400g lean chicken mince
- 2 tablespoons Thai red-curry paste
- 1/2 bunch coriander, stems finely sliced, leaves reserved
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 4 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 large carrots, julienned or finely grated
- 1 medium green apple, julienned or finely grated
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- juice of 2 limes (or 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 4 soft wholemeal bread rolls, halved
Step 1 Combine chicken mince, curry paste, coriander stems, fish sauce and half of the shallots in a large bowl. Wet hands to thoroughly combine mixture and shape into 4 patties. Refrigerate patties for 10–20 minutes if time permits.
Step 2 Combine coriander leaves, remaining shallots, carrots, apple, bean sprouts and lime juice (or lemon juice) in a salad bowl to make apple coleslaw; set aside.
Step 3 Set a large non-stick frying pan over medium–high heat. Add rice bran oil and heat. Add chicken patties and cook for 3–4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Step 4 Place a Thai chicken patty on each burger base. Top patties with reserved apple coleslaw and serve with remaining bases.