Time to make: 30 mins
Total cost: $27.80 / $6.95 per serve
- 500g extra lean beef mince
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- cooking oil spray
- 400g jar arrabbiata tomato pasta sauce
- 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 250g tagliatelle
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan
- 8 cups mixed green salad, to serve
Step 1 Combine mince, zucchini, carrot, egg and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and place onto a plate.
Step 2 Place a non-stick frying pan over low-medium heat and spray with oil. Add meatballs and cook, turning, for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Add tomato pasta sauce and diced tomatoes to pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, over low heat for 10 minutes.
Step 3 Meanwhile, cook tagliatelle in a large saucepan of water following packet instructions. Drain, then combine pasta with meatballs. Sprinkle with shaved parmesan and serve with salad.
- Reduce pasta serving and increase vegies to make a more balanced meal
- Reduce oil
- Use no-added-salt tomatoes
- Use parmesan instead of tasty cheese so you don’t need to use as much
Our version per serve (including 2 cups salad)
Total fat 14.3g
Sat fat 5.2g
Original version per serve (including 2 cups salad)
Total fat 24.2g
Sat fat 6.3g
Panko breadcrumbs are Japanese-style breadcrumbs and are found in the Asian section of the supermarket.