Sweet chilli and garlic marinade
Time to make: 5 mins
Total cost: $2.75 / $0.00 per serve
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 3 green onions, trimmed and finely chopped
Step 1 Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined.
Making the most of marinades
- Be generous with marinades and make sure the meat or seafood is completely covered.
- To get the best flavour, marinate food overnight in the fridge, then use the marinade to baste food while cooking.
- If you’re in a hurry, marinades can give a flavour boost in as little as 20 minutes.
- Never pour the cold marinade left over in the dish over the cooked food. Heat it up first.