Time to make: 45 mins
Total cost: $15.88 / $3.97 per serve
(at time of publication)
- cooking oil spray
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 eschalots, finely chopped
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon light crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 400g lean beef rump steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 2 bunches bok choy, trimmed
- 150g snow peas, trimmed
Step 1 Spray a small saucepan with oil and place over medium heat. Cook garlic, eschalots and chilli flakes until eschalots are soft. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice and coconut milk. Stir until smooth. Add 1/4 cup cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, or until thickened.
Step 2 Meanwhile, cook rice according to packet instructions.
Step 3 Heat barbecue to medium-high heat. Alternately thread beef and capsicum onto 8 skewers. Spray with oil and chargrill, turning, for 5 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
Step 4 Meanwhile, steam bok choy and snow peas. Serve skewers with rice, greens and satay sauce.
Make it vegetarian: Replace the beef with thin slices of onion, zucchini and firm tofu (flavoured, if desired).