Roasted Mediterranean vegetable lasagne
Time to make: 1 min, prep 20 mins, cook 1 hr 10 mins
Total cost: $16.56 / $2.76 per serve
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 2 small red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2 medium red capsicums, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- olive oil spray
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups light ricotta cheese
- 700ml jar passata or other tomato pasta sauce
- 4 fresh lasagne sheets (half a 375g packet)
- 180g tub chunky tomato pesto
- mixed green salad, to serve
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Place eggplant, zucchini, onion, capsicum and garlic on prepared trays. Spray with oil. Roast for 30 minutes or until vegies are tender. Set aside. Reduce oven to 180°C.
Step 2 Combine parmesan and ricotta in a small bowl. Set aside.
Step 3 Spread 1/2 cup of tomato sauce over the base of a 10-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Top with 1 lasagne sheet, trimming to fit. Top with one-third of the roasted vegies, 3/4 cup tomato sauce and 1/3 cup cheese mixture. Repeat layering with lasagne sheets, vegies, sauce and cheese mixture. Finish with final lasagne sheet.
Step 4 Spread pesto evenly over top. Crumble over remaining cheese mixture. Roast, covered with foil, for 15 minutes. Uncover, roast for a further 30 minutes or until golden. Serve with salad.