Time to make: 30 mins
Total cost: $16.36 / $4.09 per serve
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 350g button mushrooms, sliced
- 400g lean beef mince
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 44g sachet Country Cup 98% fat-free cream of mushroom with chives soup
- 1/3 cup extra light sour cream
- 400g egg fettuccine or other dried pasta
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Step 1 Heat oil in a deep non-stick frying pan. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes or until mushrooms are browned.
Step 2 Add mince and tomato paste. Cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes or until mince is browned. Sprinkle soup sachet over mince and pour in 3/4 cup water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 8 minutes or until cooked. Stir in sour cream and cook for 1 minute.
Step 3 Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain. Add 1 cup stroganoff to pasta and combine. Divide pasta between 4 plates. Top with remaining stroganoff and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with steamed vegetables or a large salad.
For a vegetarian option, replace mince with 400g firm tofu, cut into 1cm cubes.