Time to make: 25 mins
Total cost: $18.68 / $4.67 per serve
(at time of publication)
- 2 small red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 500g chicken breast, cut into 3cm-chunks
- cooking oil spray
- 4 Lebanese cucumbers, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 light wholemeal pita breads, to serve
- 4 tablespoons low-fat tzatziki, to serve
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
Step 1 Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil and add onion wedges. Cook for 2 minutes, or until nearly tender. Drain.
Step 2 Combine paprika, cumin and oil in a medium-sized bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Add chicken and toss to coat. Thread chicken and reserved onion onto 8 metal skewers. Spray with oil.
Step 3 Heat chargrill over medium heat. Once hot, place kebabs onto chargrill and cook each of the four sides for 2–2 1/2 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
Step 4 Meanwhile, combine cucumber, tomatoes and parsley in medium-sized bowl. Serve chicken skewers with pita bread, cucumber and tomato salad, tzatziki and lemon wedges.