Delicious Minestrone soup Recipe
Serves: 8 Time to make: 50 mins (Hands-on time: 25 mins, Cooking time: 25 mins) Total cost: $11.36 / $1.42 per serve
- cooking oil spray
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 zucchinis, roughly chopped
- 2 sticks celery, roughly chopped
- 800g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 2 cups reduced-salt chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped basil
Step 2 Add tomatoes, stock and water. Stir until well combined and mixture comes to the boil. Simmer for 25 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
Step 3 Using a stick blender, blend vegetable mixture until smooth. Add beans and stir until well combined. Cook for 2 minutes, or until beans are heated through. Ladle soup into serving bowls. Sprinkle with parmesan and basil to serve.