Time to make: 25 mins
Total cost: $27.36 / $4.56 per serve
- 4 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 900g chicken breast fillets
- 4 large potatoes, peeled, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (fresh or frozen)
- cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup (140g tub) no-added-salt tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
Step 1 Bring stock to the boil in a wok or deep frying pan. Add chicken and poach until cooked through (about 10–15 minutes). Remove from pan, cool and shred meat. Discard stock.
Step 2 Meanwhile, steam potatoes, carrots, corn and mixed vegetables until cooked through.
Step 3 Wipe wok or frying pan clean, then spray with oil and place over medium heat. Cook onion for 3–4 minutes, until softened. Add tomato paste and 3 cups water. Mix well and add spices. Add cooked chicken and vegetables to pan and stir gently to combine. Bring to the boil, then simmer 2–3 minutes before serving.
Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Lyn Hunt (VIC)