Time to make: 1 hr 10 mins (Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 60 mins)
Total cost: $14.80 / $3.70 per serve
- 300g sweet potato, cut into thick chips
- 300g potato, cut into thick chips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup polenta
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 x 100g skinless chicken breast fillets, flattened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- olive-oil spray
- 2 tablespoons low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons 97% fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups shredded vegetables, such as white cabbage, red cabbage, carrot, zucchini, capsicum, snow peas
- 2 cups shredded baby cos lettuce
- lemon wedges, to serve
Step 1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Line 2 large baking trays with sheets of baking paper. Rinse all potato under cold running water; pat dry with paper towel. Arrange potato on one prepared tray in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil; bake, turning twice, for 40 minutes, or until potato chips are crisp and golden.
Step 2 Meanwhile, combine polenta, lemon zest, chives and parsley in a large bowl. Dip chicken fillets into beaten egg then into polenta mixture to evenly coat. Arrange chicken fillets on other prepared tray in a single layer and spray lightly with olive oil; bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
Step 3 Combine yoghurt, mayonnaise and lemon juice in a small bowl to make dressing; season with cracked black pepper.
Step 4 Place shredded veg in a salad bowl with baby cos lettuce; add dressing and stir well to coat veg.
Step 5 Serve crumbed chicken with chips, salad and lemon wedges.
You can swap the polenta for Japanese panko breadcrumbs, and replace the chives and parsley with finely grated parmesan.