Time to make: 55 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 35-40 mins
Total cost: $11.36 / $2.84 per serve
- 600g chicken thigh cutlets (with bone in), skin removed
- 1/2 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon harissa (see note)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups steamed brown rice
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 small red capsicum, shredded
- 2 green onions, shredded
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. In a large bowl, combine yoghurt, harissa, cumin and coriander. Add chicken and coat with mixture.
Step 2 Arrange cutlets on baking tray. Bake for 35–40 minutes, or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
Step 3 Meanwhile, steam peas and combine with cooked rice and mint. Serve rice topped with chicken, garnished with shredded capsicum and green onion.
Harissa is a Moroccan-style chilli paste. You can find it in delis or Middle Eastern specialty stores. If you can’t find harissa, substitute an equal amount of peri-peri sauce. Note, however, that peri-peri sauce is not gluten-free.