Grilled vegetable and ricotta pizza
Time to make: 30 mins
Total cost: $28.44 / $7.11 per serve
- 2 x 12” thin crust wholemeal pizza bases
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 4 Japanese eggplants, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 3 yellow squash, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced intoribbons
- 200g low-fat ricotta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1/2 cup low-fat mozzarella
- 100g baby rocket leaves
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat 2 large baking trays in oven for 10 minutes. Spread each pizza base with 1 tablespoon tomato paste.
Step 2 Spray a barbecue plate or chargrill pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Grill eggplant, capsicum, squash and zucchini for 3–4 minutes, or until tender. Layer grilled vegies evenly over prepared bases. Top with ricotta and drops of pesto, then sprinkle with mozzarella.
Step 3 Carefully transfer pizzas onto trays. Bake for 12–15 minutes, or until bases are crisp and cheese is golden. Top with rocket leaves, cut into wedges and serve.
What we did
- Used a thin, wholemeal pizza base instead of pizza dough
- Used low-fat cheeses
- Reduced amount of cheese used
- Omitted deli-style meats
Save 2950 kJ, 25g fat, 15.5g sat fat, 1830mg sodium