Time to make: 20 mins
Total cost: $7.20 / $7.20 per serve
- 1/4 cup basmati rice
- cooking oil spray
- 125g fillet steak, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded ginger
- 1 small carrot, trimmed, cut into thin matchsticks
- 50g snow peas, trimmed, sliced
- 3 asparagus spears, trimmed, cut into 4cm-lengths
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- sliced long green shallots, to serve
- fresh coriander leaves, to serve
Step 1 Cook rice following the packet directions.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray a wok with oil and place over high heat. Stir-fry beef for 2 minutes, or until golden. Remove, then set aside. Return wok to high heat.
Step 3 Add ginger, carrot and 1 tablespoon water. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add snow peas and asparagus, stir-fry for 2 minutes more or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
Step 4 Return beef to wok and add soy, mirin and sesame oil. Stir-fry for 1–2 minutes, or until well combined. Garnish stir-fry with shallots and coriander and serve with rice.
Use chicken breast or tofu instead of steak.