Time to make: 35 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 25 mins
Total cost: $21.40 / $5.35 per serve
- 2 small fennel bulbs (400g), trimmed, cut into wedges
- 300g Dutch carrots, peeled,
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed, cut into 1.5cm thick slices
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 4 medium potatoes, scrubbed, chopped
- cooking oil spray
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 chicken breast fillets (500g)
- 50g low-fat feta, crumbled
- 1/3 cup torn parsley leaves
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the vegetables in a single layer on a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Spray vegetables with oil and season with pepper. Roast for 25 minutes, or until tender.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil and pan-fry chicken over medium heat, until cooked through.
Step 3 Place vegetables onto a serving platter and scatter with feta and parsley. Top with chicken before serving.
These vegetables also taste great with beef or lamb steaks. Fresh, chopped basil will boost the flavour.