Cheesy pizza buns
Time to make: 10 mins
Total cost: $3.60 / $1.80 per serve
- 1 large wholegrain bread roll
- 4 tablespoons canned no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 slices red capsicum
- 4 tablespoons chopped mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Step 1 Cut bread roll in half. Preheat oven grill to medium. Spread each half of the roll with half the tomatoes and sprinkle with oregano.
Step 2 Place 2 capsicum slices onto each half. Add half the mushrooms to each, then sprinkle with cheese.
Step 3 Place roll halves onto a foil-lined tray and grill for 3–5 minutes, until cheese is golden and melted. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
What we did
- Used reduced-fat dairy
- Omitted deli meats
- Used no-added-salt tomatoes instead of regular tomato paste
- Used a wholegrain roll instead of white
Original version per serve
946kJ/226cal, protein 12.3g, total fat 7.3g, sat fat 3.8g, carbs 27.2g, sugars 4.5g, fibre 2.4g, sodium 340mg, calcium 200mg, iron 2.0mg
Save 230kJ, 3.2 fat, 2.1g sat fat