Carrot and feta fritters
Serves: 4 (makes 16 fritters)
Time to make: 20 mins
Total cost: $17.72 / $4.43 per serve
- 4 carrots (300g total), grated
- 150g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup plain flour or cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- cooking oil spray
- Salsa salad
- 6 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 large red capsicums
- 4 cups rocket leaves
- 2 cups cooked couscous
Step 1 Combine carrot, feta, pesto, chilli flakes, paprika, cumin seeds and flour in a large bowl. Adjust the seasoning to taste. Add eggs and mix well. Form tablespoon-sized portions of the mixture into fritters.
Step 2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over medium heat. Fry fritters in batches, 2–3 minutes each side, turning as they brown.
Step 3 Make the Salsa salad by combining all ingredients together in a large bowl. Garnish with low-fat tzatziki.
- Fritters can be made ahead and reheated.
- See our article 50 meals in 20 minutes for more quick and tasty meal ideas.