Time to make: 35 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 20-25 mins
Total cost: $18.84 / $4.71 per serve
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- cooking oil spray
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free Tandoori paste
- 600g skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 400g can chopped no-added-salt tomatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 125g low-fat natural yoghurt
- 50g baby spinach
- 4 cups steamed basmati rice, to serve
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers, diced, to serve
Step 1 Spray a large wok with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook onion for 3–4 minutes. Add tandoori paste, stirring for 1–2 minutes, until fragrant.
Step 2 Stir in chicken and cook for 2–3 minutes. Add tomatoes and chicken stock and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Step 3 Meanwhile, process cashews in a food processor until finely ground. Add cashews to wok and simmer 2–3 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir through yoghurt and baby spinach. Serve with steamed rice and cucumber garnish.
Super shortcut: Use a microwaveable rice, such as Sunrice brown Indian 90 second basmati rice.
This easy butter chicken has all the creaminess of the original – but 13g less saturated fat.