Time to make: 50 mins (Hands-on time: 25 mins, Cooking time: 25 mins)
Total cost: $22.60 / $5.65 per serve
- cooking oil spray
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 400g can butter beans, rinsed
- ground black pepper, to season
- 1/2 cup (75g) chopped reduced-fat feta
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons diced dried apricots
- 4 x 150g chicken breast fillets
- 4 medium baked potatoes
- 2 cups sliced carrots, steamed
- 2 bunches broccolini, steamed
Step 1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside. Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Add onion, seeds and thyme. Cook gently for 12–15 minutes, stirring, until onion is soft. Add butter beans, season with pepper and mix well.
Step 2 Place butter bean mixture into a large bowl and add feta, hazelnuts and apricots. Roughly mash mixture with a fork.
Step 3 Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally, taking care not to cut all the way through. Open chicken breasts and spread mixture across one half of each breast. Close each chicken breast to encase filling.
Step 4 Place chicken on baking tray and roast for 20–25 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Serve with potatoes and vegies.