Time to make: 30 mins
Total cost: $26.88 / $6.72 per serve
- 8 large vine-ripened tomatoes
- 250g packet microwave brown rice
- 400g lamb mince
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 6 long green shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 100g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 2 green capsicums, halved, deseeded
- 4 cups rocket leaves, to serve
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Cut the top off each tomato, scoop out flesh and pulp and reserve, leaving a 1cm-thick shell.
Step 2 Roughly chop reserved tomato flesh. Place into a large bowl with the reserved tomato pulp, brown rice, mince, all spice, shallots and feta. Stir until all ingredients are well combined and season with freshly ground black pepper.
Step 3 Stuff the tomatoes and capsicum shells with rice mixture and place onto the prepared tray. Bake for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and stuffing is golden and cooked. Serve with rocket leaves.
Make it vegetarian: Replace the lamb mince with a can of lentils. Add some toasted pine nuts for extra flavour.