Time to make: 25 mins
Total cost: $29.24 / $7.31 per serve
- 3 oranges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 600g beef rump steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1/4 cup gluten-free beef stock
- 800g fresh stir-fry vegetable mix
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 450g packet microwaveable brown rice, warmed
Step 1 Zest one orange over a bowl. Halve orange and squeeze juice into bowl. Add garlic and 2 tablespoons tamari. Add beef and toss to coat.
Step 2 Peel remaining oranges. Halve and cut slices into 1cm pieces. Set aside. Combine arrowroot, stock and 2 tablespoons cold water in a small bowl. Set aside.
Step 3 Spray a large frying pan or wok with oil and place over high heat. Cook beef, in batches, until browned all over. Transfer to a bowl.
Step 4 Return frying pan to high heat. Add vegetable mixture and 2 tablespoons cold water. Cook for 5 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Return beef, any juices, stock mixture and remaining tamari to pan. Bring to the boil. Boil for 1 minute, or until thickened. Add oranges and green onions, toss to combine. Serve immediately with rice.
- For a vegetarian option, replace the beef with tofu or tempeh.
- For a spicier stir-fry, replace the garlic with 1 thinly sliced long red chilli.
This recipe is not suitable for those following a no-added-salt diet.